If anything and everything Disney is the name of the game in your household, then you're in luck, because ABC is premiering a brand-new TV special in the US, Disney Family Singalong, on April 16. And, bonus, it'll be available to watch worldwide on their social media accounts, too.
Hosted by Ryan Seacrest, the one-hour-long musical event features celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Kristen Chenoweth, Thomas Rhett, John Stamos, Michael Bublé, and Luke Evans singing from their homes. As for their songs of choice? Families can expect to belt out the lyrics to some of their favourite tunes from Beauty and the Beast, Moana, The Little Mermaid, Frozen, and more! Josh Gad — who voices Olaf in both Frozen movies — will also make a special appearance.
Additionally, the casts from High School Musical, Descendants, High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, and Zombies are also slated to participate, so that means you get to see stars like Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Tisdale, and Corbin Bleu in action! Kids can also belt out the words to "Friend Like Me," which will be performed by the cast of Broadway's Aladdin.
On April 14, Disney announced the program's full musical lineup, and to say we're excited is a serious understatement. Here's what to expect:
- "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes" – Demi Lovato and Michael Bublé
- "A Spoonful of Sugar" – Little Big Town
- "Be Our Guest" – Derek Hough and Hayley Erbert, with a special appearance by Julianne Hough
- "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" – Christina Aguilera
- "Colours of the Wind" – Tori Kelly
- "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" – Thomas Rhett
- "Friend Like Me" – James Monroe Iglehart with cast of Disney's Aladdin
- "Gaston" – Josh Gad, Luke Evans and Alan Menken
- "How Far I'll Go" – Auliʻi Cravalho
- "I Won't Say I'm In Love" – Ariana Grande
- "I Wan'na Be Like You" – Darren Criss
- "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" – Donny Osmond
- "It's a Small World" – John Stamos
- "Let It Go" – Amber Riley
- "The Bare Necessities" – Erin Andrews, Bobby Bones, Carrie Ann Inaba, and Marcus Scribner
- "Under The Sea" – Jordan Fisher
- "You've Got a Friend In Me" – Josh Groban
"If there's something that we've all learned in the past few weeks, it's to cherish every moment and the importance of connection, whether through laughter, stories, or music," ABC Entertainment President Karey Burke said in a statement. "We hope that we can help create some new unforgettable moments in the only way that Disney can."
If you can't make it to a TV, parents can stream the event on ABC's website on April 16 at 8 p.m. ET, and we know that is the middle of the night in the UK, but there is good news! The production will also appear on both Twitter and YouTube afterward. So yes, it's safe to say we see a lot of rewatching in your future!