Week One: Clear It
For your first week in the challenge, the goal is to get a handle on your overflowing wardrobe. For the next seven days, focus on getting rid of things you don't wear so you can make space for what you really love.
- Apply the one-year rule — if it's been over a year since you last wore it, get rid of it.
- Use the KonMari Method. Does it bring you joy? If not, dump it.
- Try your clothes on. If it doesn't fit, it needs to go.
- Apply the reverse hanger tactic. Turn all of your hangers around in your wardrobe, and once you wear something, flip the hanger around the right way. After six months, get rid of anything that you still haven't worn.
- Eliminate pieces that are torn, stained, or worn out. Unless something has a special sentimental value, chances are you won't wear it again.